A myopia patient is a lifelong patient.
BHVI’s world-leading The Business of Myopia course delivers the business knowledge and skills to help you grow your business through myopia management.
This is the third course in BHVI’s Myopia Education Program
We will help you to…
- Understand the potential business benefits of introducing myopia management to your practice.
- Identify the services, products, staff training and pricing systems to run a successful myopia management business.
- Create a marketing strategy to grow your myopia management business.
- Use appropriate patient messaging and materials for myopia management communication and education.
- Monitor and improve your myopia management practice using appropriate resources.
Self-paced, the course is made up of 5 modules, from 30 to 100 minutes long (6 hours total) including:
- Online discussion forums, with support from global leaders when you need it
- Material to adapt for use in your practice
- Course notes
- Interactive content
- Certificate on completion
Course must be completed within six weeks. Please be aware the course will close after this period. Certificate is awarded at successful completion.
Introduction to the business of myopia
We review the potential business benefits of introducing myopia management, evaluate the practice and local market, and set goals.
Setting up the practice for myopia management
We identify the services, products, staff training and pricing systems required to run a successful myopia management business.
Marketing for myopia management
We help you create a marketing strategy to grow your myopia management business.
Communication and education in myopia management
We discuss how best to use appropriate patient messaging and materials for myopia management communication and education.
Maintaining success in myopia management
We examine how to monitor and improve your myopia management practice using appropriate resources.
This course is accredited for continuing education points (applications pending) with:
- COPE (US / Canada optometrists) (6 Practice Management (PM) CE hours – please check your state’s policy on PM hours here)
- Optometry Australia (OA) (5.5 non-clinical CPD points)
- Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Board (ODOB), NZ (3.17 credits for optometrists)
- The General Optical Council (GOC) (UK) (1 CET point for optometrists)